The Traveler’s Hotel
Ernst Martin Kohl (1857-1935), former German Navy captain who came to Denison in 1885, built the first floor of this structure in 1893 to house a grocery store and saloon. He added the top three floors in 1909-11 as his family’s residence. In the 1930s, this building became the Traveler’s Hotel, drawing business from the nearby railroad district.
In 2014, In Triumph purchased the Traveler’s Hotel, with the excitement of being apart of the hotel’s wonderful history. The founders of the ministry realize the historic value of the building, and are looking forward to adding a few more stories to the building’s legacy.
* Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1975 Located at 300 E. Main Denison, TX 75021